View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:28 PM
m11 (Mel)

Hi Peter,

Only thing i will add, when it comes to eyepieces its almost an entire subjective section and everyone will have preferences based on slightly different criteria.

With eyepieces I want good scatter control, no blackouts and consistent quality. The cost is less of an issue and field of view is dependant on what a view.

I would go with the plossl first and see how you go. I have found orthoscopics really good for planetary and not too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesilver View Post
Thanks again for all the replies and advice, it is all greatly appreciated very much.
I think i have now pretty much decided to settle on a SkyWatcher 10" Dobsonian with goto.
I guess without sounding silly, with any accessories that i purchase, i want them to be firstly compatible with the Dobsonian,
But i also want them to be of the best or pretty close to the best quality, mainly so that latter on if i do have to upgrade to a better eyepiece or anything, i won't be buying the same piece twice if that makes sense.

So it looks like i will need a collimation tool, i don't mind taking the extra time to setup everything perfect and spot on, so any recommendations for this would be appreciated.

Also the scope finder, a few have recommended a laser or red dot version.

I am not sure yet on eyepieces, the ones listed was only what the store recommended to me.
I am firstly planning out to start with just planet viewing and them move from there, at least this stage anyway until i learn more.

Always appreciate any advice
Thanks.
Peter.