View Single Post
Old 18-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Bolts_Tweed (Mark)

G'day guys

Sry for the delay - I've been at a 2 day work retreat at the Crowne Plaza Surfers. I only mention the hotel as AAIC attendees might get a laugh out of it.

Yeah it works pretty well but image quality is only good for having a peek but that is all it is designed to do.i like the moonglow lenses and I am trying to source one for Mk 2.

James the software includes protection from the sun. As the ADU average climbs at predawn the camera is shutdown until it gets dark again. You can adjust this value to only image when it is dark or to have a peek at dusk. I am not using it to continuously update an image on a web page but. For me it is like sticking my head out of the dome to have a peek - image on demand. Wireless Internet monthly allowance stops me from continuous updates - it is capable of doing it but as you can see on Wes and Jim's pages. Don't get me started on the difference between the cost of everything (including services like Internet)in Aus compared to the rest of world. Compare the cost of downloading an iTunes song here and everywhere else from the same database to see what I mean.

Anyway thx for the comments and I am continuing to develop and improve it.

Mark Bolton