View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 04:31 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Hi Josh,

You certainly have my support for this endeavor of yours! One thing that has really frustrated me about dealing with the well known person in the USA is that he is very reluctant to give any help whatsoever in figuring out whether something will work or not. For example, it might be very difficult to see how he arrived at a back space measurement particularly when the part ends in a dovetail. In all of my dealings with him he just won't resolve a question like that. From a liability standpoint I can understand that position but it can be maddeningly frustrating because as has been pointed out mistakes are very costly. For sure you are going to receive many questions especially about camera spacing of flatteners and reducers. I think you will need to proceed cautiously. Hopefully you can provide some advice without taking on liability. That will be the trick. Also, how will you handle requests to mate something with a perhaps well known part that you don't have on hand? It seems you will somehow need to gather together a rather massive data base. In the beginning I suppose you can pick and choose your projects and simply inform customers that they had best generate the specifications themselves for you to follow.

Good luck!!
Peter