View Single Post
Old 17-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Granada
The truth is out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausastronomer View Post
Hi,

The 31mm Nagler is a great eyepiece but it is likely it will not work well at all in that telescope. The 31mm Nagler is a 2" eyepiece with a 42mm field stop. Even if you upgraded to a 2" diagonal so that it physically fit into the telescope, it is very likely that the narrow baffle tube on the 6SE will vignette and narrow the FOV. I may be wrong, but just trying to give you a heads up before you race out and burn money on a 2" diagonal!

Cheers
John B

Thanks John,

So if I were to take the 31mm Nagler out of the picture, what would be a good EP to purchase in addition to the 3 others I already have + a Barlow?

I used Tele Vue's calculator to find suitable EPs, and have had my eye on the Ethos 13mm - but it's quite expensive. If I'm going to invest in such an excy EP, I want to make sure it's appropriate for what I'm going to use it for.

I should also mention that although I'm going to be using these EPs with the SCT, I'm making more of an investment for the future so that I can use these same EPs with other scopes - hence why I'm eyeing (pun intended) the good quality ones.