View Single Post
Old 27-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Ray?

As a new member, I'd just like to say hi to all. I don't want to babble on too much about myself, other than to say that I've mainly pursued general photography as a full/part-time professional (not my main job now), and recently decided to tackle my long time interest in the universe, space and the like, by acquiring some simple gear with which to photograph the former.

Thanks to the exceptional exchange rate, I was able to buy the latest Meade Coronado Goto Telescope Mount with Autostar 497 controller, at what I consider to be a bargain basement price delivered from the US. Now I know that's not the greatest device in the world, but it has given me the impetus to really get into astrophotography with its impressive database and I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from the forum on how to get the best out what I have available.

I don't have a telescope as such, but I will be using a Perkin-Elmer built Vivitar Series 1 600mm solid cat lens (small Hubble telescope on the ground ), with tele-extenders and DSLR, to record what I can of near and (not so) far objects. Hopefully I can keep things reasonably under control and take small steps at a time.

I look forward to participating in the forum.

Cheers

Ray