View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Chancellor (Jeff)

Mornin' all
After a few months of lurking on the IIS forums I thought it is time to say a proper hello.
I was introduced to astronomy a few months ago by a friend, and have not turned back. Since looking at the moon through his 8" dob there have been many moments that can only be described as "damn that's pretty".

So far my main interest has been astrophotography, so I guess I have started in the deeper end especially considering never really using a camera before. I actually bought a camera with the main intention of pointing it at the sky causing the guy at camerahouse to look at me a little odd. (Tip: Before going out with a brand new camera, read the manual and learn the camera, especially if it's a new moon and you can't see what you are doing.)
Since then I have purchased an ED100, EQ6Pro and a few of the accessories associated. It's a steep learning curve, but a fun one. Plus, with the images posted on the ISS forums, there is an endless source of inspiration.
Hopefully in the coming months I'll be looking at a nice dob, however until then I'm very happy with what I have and will continue to curse the seemingly endless clouds.