Thread: [FOR SALE] Light Boxes
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2020, 01:55 AM
Exfso (Peter)

I reckon I have built pretty close to 400 light boxes since I started around 12 years ago, I think only 1 has been returned faulty and that was because the owner left it turned on for a very long time and I am assuming it was around a couple of weeks at least. It dimmed the Leds and I replaced and sent it back to him just for freight, so these just work. AFAIK I am the only person building these on earth..that in itself is frightening, there used to be a mob in the USA, but I think they went bum up, they were the reason I decided to build my own. I got a quote for one for my TAK (in the USA) and it was an outrageous price from memory around $300 USD then there was freight, so all up it would have been around $350USD and that was close to 15 years ago. So I decided to make my own. Did quite a bit of research and finally designed my own version which has since changed a lot from the original, hopefully for the best.
Obviously I am a tad bored with this isolation stuff, so decided to give a brief history of my light box evolution.