View Single Post
Old 20-10-2019, 05:21 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Update...
Tried the new aircon on the 2 kVA Genny and it runs ..I expect it should cool but as yet it is not installed ...but test one was a success...and just realised I forgot to cut off the choke...it runs rather well under choke and I did not notice...so next time should be real smooth.

So very happy as I did so want to have a use for my $200 Aldi Genny...I just hope the aircon puts up with electricity from a Genny. .only $400 delivered...so $600 only for the aircon all up.

Today cleaned out the floor area and the holes that I have dug for each of the piers..took much longer than expected but it was cooler in the observatory than in the van...I purchased the short star pickets, at Bunnings in Sydney so as to make sure they are on site, to use in a Frankie pile approach and the day after tomorrow I will fill the holes with water ( maybe later if I can recover after today's effort) so as to hopefully make driving in the star pickets an easy job..just so long as they go in I will be happy. Debating whether to paint them ..probably by the time they rust thru I will have the same issue..

I guess I must paint them otherwise I will worry.
I manage the perfection thing ok but there are times I have to give in to keep it quiet.

The only problem with the aircon is that the window I wanted to put it in is just 2 inches too small (height width is ok) and that means I will have to build a box ...I suppose I could cut the window but certainly that would mean cutting thru framing...I will give it more thought but a box seems sensible...And with a box I can fix a fan to blow over the unit...that must help.
But I want it in the van Annex which should be cooler than outside completely.
Not sure if I mentioned it but I have worked out how to place a canvass over the van..looked earlier and selected the logs.

I did want to do some imaging tonight but the clouds have rolled it ..not only that but that damn fire is still going so there is still smoke...and maybe after the drive yesterday and a full work day today an early night is in order. Still really want to do something..all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...

Also did a little tidy up of the footings which turned out great..I never thought I would get them finished with the one rock at a time and pattycake approach.

Anyways I need a nap. Thanks for checking in.
Alex