View Single Post
Old 15-03-2005, 02:00 PM
silvinator
Lady Post-a-holic

Tony, any 35mm SLR that has a "B" setting will do fine. Extra features just make things easier (obviously). Second hand is definitely the way to go, there are some great deals to be had on second hand 35mm SLR's. My old fujica was about $15 at the local markets - beautiful old camera that takes fantastic day shots. It fits directly to the standard T-ring that came with my scope which then connects to the scope itself (for prime focus shots). Nice moon shots it has given me so far but I need to figure out how to get a larger image scale...??? (My avatar was actually taken with the fujica). My olympus actually needs an olympus T-adapter to fit to the T-ring so you'd probably end up looking at a similar setup for most 35mm SLR's. There should be no problem mating any old model SLR to a scope if you can find the t-adapter for it as well. Make sure also that it is a fully manual one, or at least semi-manual. The beauty of these old babies is that they don't require batteries to keep the shutter open. Newer/later models do however, but you can still work around that.

Nortilus, you'll get better results if you try the moon first. I was very disappointed with my first hand held digital saturn image and then decided to try the moon. The moon is a nice, bright object to start imaging with. Good luck mate!