View Single Post
Old 19-11-2020, 06:18 AM
Don Pensack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Tucker View Post
Stupid question time ... but ... for those that have transitioned to wearing glasses later in life .. has this affected your selection of eyepieces particularly the Focal Length selection. Eyepieces that you may have purchased and been your favourite pre glasses era are now no longer preferred. Have you had to revamp your collection to accommodate your decline in sight. I don't wear glasses for viewing through a telescope .. only reading and computer based activities. Previously I would used eyepieces in the shorter FL below 10mm but now I find it difficult.
Yes, due to increasing astigmatism, I've had to sell my beloved 21, 17, and 13mm Ethos and replace them with long eye relief eyepieces:
30mm APM Ultra Flat field
22mm Tele Vue Nagler
17.5mm Baader Morpheus
14mm Baader Morpheus
12.5mm APM Hi-FW
11mm TeleVue Apollo 11
But, fortunately, I can still observe from 10mm down without glasses, so kept the 10, 8, 6, 4.7, and 3.7mm Ethos eyepieces.
If they end up getting replaced in the near future, I'll replace them with Baader Morpheus or TeleVue Delos or Pentax XW eyepieces.
I think the 12.5mm eyepiece will soon leave my collection, but the others are staying. All the above except the Ethos eyepieces are compatible with glasses.