View Single Post
Old 27-06-2020, 09:44 PM
Spookyer (Brett)
Brett P

Help please with ASI290 not downloading images

Hi all

I am using the ASI-1600 pro as my imaging camera and the ASI-290MM as my guide camera.

I am having difficulty getting my ASI290MM to download images. I can get it to connect in PHD but when I loop in PHD it waits a while and then gives an error message saying it has disconnected my camera as it has not made an exposure in 17 seconds.

I tried selecting the ASI290 in Sequence Generator Pro and used it to take an image. It does not download the image and just continues to say downloading. The ASI-1600 camera works fine in SGP and I took a couple of test images that downloaded no problem.

I am using the ASI ASCOM driver and selecting 290 mini in the driver setup (as opposed to selecting the ASI-1600).

It appears to me there is an issue with downloading the actual data after the image is taken.

I note there is a setting in the driver around USB data % or something similar with a note that if downloading issues occur reduce the %. It was at 40% and cannot be lowered any further.

The 290 is plugged into the 1600 and then into a hub and back to the PC. The mount and my focuser are also plugged into the same hub and were working fine so I don't think it is a faulty hub as such but data transfer could be an issue. The hub is an icy box USB3 and the cable back to the PC is USB2.

I need to confess I have had this gear for 12 months and not used it much due to other other equipment issues on the scope and other priorities going on in my life. Was quite frustrating tonight to have a couple of hours of clear sky and not be able to get guiding going.

I have done some internet searching but not found much on this.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Cheers
Brett