View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:14 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

F/2 or two mono cameras?

Hi all,

It is just a simple question and hope i can get the answer as it is a decision according to budget/affordability somehow or the practical logic way.

Which one do you think is faster or you like to do the things assuming you have a target and you need to do for example 4 hours at least per NB filter at average focal ratio?

1. Using very fast scope such as RASA at f/2 [or similar, hyperstar is an example] and giving 2 hours for one filter so you do 2 filters respectively.
  2. Having 2 mono cameras so you put one filter in each [one with Ha for example and the other with OIII] and image with each at 4 hours.

If it is my choice i really prefer 2 cameras, i have one already, so i can use those at any different two same scopes rather than i am stuck with one scope at specific focal ratio and focal length and aperture, but i feel like so many love a very fast scope these days, it is like they can afford 1 scope instead of 2 cameras maybe, i am not sure, but if you prefer one method or option above then please can you give me a reason or explain why so i know how to choose?