View Single Post
Old 13-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Jasp05 (Aaron)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro777 View Post
Thanks Aaron,
That picture does help. I have to say I am very nervous about ordering a motor. I'm worried it's going to be the wrong speed, or that I have trouble attaching it because it is the wrong shape. It's not much though, so I may order one today that I can run on a 6v. AC worries me (electrocution), so it definitely needs to be DC.
Also, I need to get some gears, the middle part of the gear, how do I know if it will fit into the motor?

Can anyone recommend/link a motor (DC) and the gears that should be workable?

Thinking this one? : https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DC-6V-1r...AAAOSwH05ZsLCx

I don't think I want any electronics/programming on it.

I have found a supplier of gears, just not sure what to match up. (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Various-...HstQ:rk:1:pf:0)

I took out the camera for a test run last night at 135mm with a Minolta 28-135, which is truly an exceptional terrestrial lens - but it's a disaster for Astro.

This has really made me appreciate the 100mmm f/2.8 prime I am using, which flattens so well and is free of chromatic aberrations..

First shot is with a UV filter on the front (forgot to remove it)
Then, without (not that it really helps given that lens).
I wouldn't stress too much over the electronics. Its plug and play with the wires. (Don't have to solder anything). wires just push on/off. I use hot glue to stop them falling out. (see picture below).

It's 2 power wires and 4 signal wires for controlling the stepper motor. The stepper motor has a cable harness which will plug into the driver board. (the driver board comes with the stepper when you buy it and is the little green board).

Only thing you really need to do is plug a usb cable into the arduino and "upload" code to the board. All you do is install the Arduino program on your desktop. There is plenty of code online or I can help with writing something that you copy paste into the window. Then hit upload. And its done.

And the best part is the whole thing is just slightly bigger than a credit card when put together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Wiring.jpg)
124.4 KB15 views