View Single Post
Old 18-10-2022, 09:39 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustigsmed View Post
I did the same thing as you Martin started on a canon 600d, purhcased up 2" filters for future proofing (ended up with a qhy22m then a qhy163, and now finally need the 2" filters with a zwo 6200.
I don't think you can really go too wrong, these days it seems most filter makers have reflections well enough under control. ive got baaders / astronomiks they do well enough for me, its more question if you want the best of the best then you have to pay a lot more for it. its really personal choice, there isn't really a bad choice. I have seen people post the differences going from 6-8nm down to 3nm and there is some improvement - will most people see it hard to know?
Thanks Russell,
Great advice
As I image from both ends of the LP spectrum, for Narrowband, the 3nm filters are a must, but like you mention most of popular brands do a pretty good job. I just can’t see myself spending +$10k on Astrodon or Chroma filters as an amateur enjoying AP as a hobby
The Antlia filters at less than a 1/3 of the cost seem to be performing extremely well from reviews over the past 6 months

Cheers
Martin