View Single Post
Old 22-12-2017, 09:52 PM
AEAJR (Ed)

I was at the telescope store one evening, after dark, just admiring some new scope. I wan't going to buy it, but it was so pretty and I KNOW this one would change my life. It was $$$$, so I was ale to resist.

As I was walking out the door this guy calls to me. He has a telescope set-up by the store.

Pssst! Hey buddy, come here!

Look, this little honey is the ultimate eyepiece. This one eyepiece will replace all of your other eyepieces. All off 'em!

Hey, stop! Don't walk away. Don't walk away, I'm talking to you. Come here. Come take a look.

Now look through the eyepiece at Jupiter. Looks good, right?

Now, twist the barrel and watch Jupiter get bigger and more beautiful and no swapping eye pieces.

Don't be afraid, it won't hurt you. Turn it!. Nice huh? It's called a ZOOM! Don't you want to be able to Z O O O M to the Moon?

Not only will this give you wonderful views, it will cure you of eyepiece fever because once you get your hands on this one, you won't need any others.

It is a cure? Really? I could really use a cure. My wife would be so pleased. I'll take it!

That's good. You's love it.

I am walking away feeling so good about myself. I am cured! But as I walk away he calls me again.

Hey buddy, before you go, have you tried binoviewers? They will blow your mind! Well sure you will need two matching eyepieces but just look at this view!

WOW! That is fantastic, but I don't have matching pairs of my eyepieces.

Not to worry! I have a second ZOOM eyepiece right here, just for you.

Honest honey, the guy at the store said that this bino viewer and these two zoom eyepieces will cure my eyepiece fever and I KNEW how pleased you would be if that happened. So I did this for you!

Last edited by AEAJR; 23-12-2017 at 01:56 AM.