View Single Post
Old 21-08-2013, 10:24 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandum View Post
I'd go the sbig stf8300 colour. I don't know of a single qhy9 colour in the country and the atik only has single stage cooling and that's a PITA, I got one. The STF is dual stage. With dual stage you can run the same temp all year round, like -20C. With single stage you will only achieve -10C and maybe -20C on a cold winters night. That sbig OAG will prolly fit on as well if you need it and for $1300 I'd expect a guide camera. Their STi has a shutter which is really handy, trust me. But prolly any OAG/camera could be made to fit.
Cheers for this Robin, yes, without dealing directly OS, the options dwindle considerably, tho may be considered if need, tho not too confident about doing that myself, tho I do however have a freind that can help if decide to go that way I also stand corrected with the STF OAG for approx 1300, just been looking and yes, I believe this price does include the guide camera, wow, just picked up the heartbeat I lost when I thought it was only the OAG, Lol, Thanx for that one & the Sbig is back on the 'consider list'
Appreciate your reply Robin . .