View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeal View Post
Congrats.
I have been further procrastinating about returning to mono, and nearly exchanged yesterday, to find the mono package I was after had been split up. This has effectively knocked me to my senses, and I will carry on using the ST2000XCM, it really is good.
Try some Ha from home, especially if it as light polluted as you suggest, you may be surprised.
Gary
Hi Gary,

Really frustrated last night. Set everything up in the back yard and just could not get it to focus. I spent 4 hours and just couldnt get anything but fuzz. Then I tried my Meade DSI and couldnt get that to focus either. Usually I use it on the meade ED80 as a guide cam and have never used it on the TV85.

In the cold light of day I tried an 11 mm nagler without a diagonal on my tv85 and guess what, I need at least an extra 50mm to get focus.

It just goes to show, whenever you get a new camera, try it out in the daytime and sort it all out before you rush out and waste an entire night fumbling around in the dark.

I am considering getting a Ha filter. I like Astronomic filters and can get either the 6mm one or the cheaper wider 11mm one. Which would you suggest and which do you use.

Paul