View Single Post
Old 14-06-2019, 10:46 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

New observatory (simple)

I have started on a new observatory for the caravan site...
It is similar to the cube..its really two cubes ☺ each 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 mtrs.
The frame is overkill in the extreme, good old seasoned to the hardness of steel 2 x 4 (50 x 100mm) hardwood. However I had a stack of it and although difficult to work with it means the cost of the frame will only be bolts and drill bits (I expect to go through a few with this wood).
The frame will be 2.4 x 2.4 x 2.4 half being somewhere for the roll off roof to park.
Finished cutting it just a moment ago.
Still not sure about cladding...corrogated iron or fibrous cement...the cost will determine what goes on to a degree..and the work...iron is more work as the fibros cement should go straight on without cutting ..maybe if my estimates of frame cuts works out.
I have enough thin ply to line it and may build each wall on the ground with cladding insulation and lining ad bolt them all together...sounds easy that way but easy to stuff up if anything is not spot on...
Hopefully I can complete it in a couple of days as I have to return to Sydney...probably drill holes and bolt the frame and putting on cladding will be drill ever hole☺
I still have to move it to the van site which will be fun.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20190614_101905-1-1.jpg)
209.7 KB375 views