View Single Post
Old 29-03-2012, 05:13 PM
bmitchell82 (Brendan)
Newtonian power! Love it!

Collimation of Big newts is not a issue if you have the right equipment!!!!! Everybody gets so scared of them because of all the "issues" that get posted.

Low quality or budget newts bang a mirror in a tube with a focuser and away we blow 400 dollars later equal flexure and other associated issues

a OOUK AG10 is no such beast, its CF, precision made mirror cell and couple that with a bohemith FLI Atlas focuser you shouldn't have issues.

Look at a Autocollimator for your collimation they are truely the way to go. I don't work for nor get any spin offs but Cats eye gear does the job extremely well! A laser collimator no matter how much you spend on it will not get anywhere close to the accuracy of a autocollimator even with the barlow adaptors. I guess its not till you see them in practice that you will understand

Getting a flat field on a 16803 chip can be done mikes AG12 is a testiment to that. Yes it will take you a short while to figure your feet out but I don't see that you will be changing the setup for a while yet unless you go for the next size up!

My 2c worth
Brendan