Thread: Beggars
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:11 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The reality is as each day passes there will be job losses due to increased efficiency.

If one stops to think about the jobs lost to robots or lost because of computer tech is it so difficult to realise jobs will become fewer a d those available will require high levels of training..There would be few jobs that do not require much higher levels of education than they required only decades ago..take the humble shop assistant.. these days I expect they would need some computer skills and be able to do things like change the paper roll in the receipt printout machine..simple sure but would it surprise you to find there are folk who simply can not manage such a simple job.

And many highly skilled jobs are going to robots..how many spray painters would Holden employ if they were still here..oh there is another issue jobs going overseas...but it's all good.global trade and all that..there will be casualties..And hatred between those who have work and those that ďont..infighting is good and takes eyes off perhaps the bigger problem which I feel is adjusting to the future and still giving dignity to even the most humble of our citizens and extending help to those who simply can not cope with the demands of a high tech economy and society.

Throw some money at the problem..a team to investigate what is happening to those not benefiting by the new ways of doing things..it would seem education is key..And by that I mean to educate those who may never contribute rather than just giving them beer and drugs.

Alex