View Single Post
Old 23-05-2012, 06:13 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Paul,

Thanks for your input! The picture of my camera actually doesn't represent focus. Focus is actually further out....around 95. The camera seems firm and I have no idea short of an entirely different mounting solution how I can improve this. Greg mentioned turning the focuser upside down so I might try that, and I have not tried locking the focuser with the screw. (I'm worried about doing that and trying to electronically focus, but maybe I'd better do that anyway!). Would it be better to have the focuser tube racked in further with a longer extension tube? I really like the Baader Click Lock, but the extension is quite short. How can I get the best of both worlds?

Re T-Point run of 21 points....I cannot image to the east except above 70-80 degrees. To the west is ok. How low to the west should I go? due west. NW or SW?

It also seems clear that I'm going to need to add a field flattener to the equation. The TEC140 flattener is rather expensive and it doesn't reduce. A flattener/reducer I'm told works on the TEC140 is the Borg 7887 (from Cloudy Nights). I'm wondering if I could use a Borg 2" nose piece from the Focuser to the 7887, then use a Borg Cannon EOS adapter and finally a Moravian EOS adapter which bolts to the camera. Is there any chance this would be firm enough? I suppose the EOS adapter is made to support a lens with the camera supported on a bar; this would be reversed with the adapter supporting the camera...

Thanks again,
Peter