View Single Post
Old 29-01-2019, 12:33 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Thanks Chris,

I managed to get both housings apart & do a bit of cleaning tonight so, now I know exactly which bits you are talking about.

Thankyou for the tip on that main board, that was a bit tricky... when putting it back together...

No improvement on my problem, also I have a butchered screw on the pcb that is screwed into the RA housing...

I want to swap the motors round so, will be attempting to gently remove butchered screw so I can undo that connector only at the pcb, swap them round & see if the problem moves..

I'm coming to the conclusion that I might be on a hiding to nothing.. you may see this mount up for sale in the classifieds for parts...

Oh well, guess that is the risk when you buy secondhand & you don't really have (a) a great understanding of EQ mounts & (b) not a great deal of time to figure it out whilst you are at someones place.

The chap was upfront with me, he'd never actually used it powered up just pointed it where he wanted.. infact, he didn't really know anything about any of the gear he sold me but, at the end of the day.. if I can move some other stuff on that was part of the deal, I'll only be out of pocket a small amount so, no great harm hopefully....

Cheers

Carlton