View Single Post
Old 25-01-2019, 10:05 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Celestron Advanced GT Mount Assistance Please

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but, can't think of where else to post it..

I have recently acquired a perfectly serviceable Celestron Advanced GT Equatorial mount for a bargain price..

Nexstar handset is the V4 handset & it has the latest firmware available on it already.

The Mount control firmware is a little dated at V5.06 but, still functions perfectly well.

To update the Mount firmware, an accessory called the Celestron Auxillary Accessory kit (containing an aux port adapter (not splitter) and the appropriate transfer cable) is required.. problem is, because this mount has been superseded for some time... the kit is no longer available.

Is there any chance that someone has this kit lurking in a cupboard or, perhaps there is an IIS member who has this mount & the kit?

Ideally, could I borrow it to do an update to latest firmware (I doubt it will be updated any further).. I live in Cairns but, would be prepared to pay postage in both directions if I was able to borrow one...

Otherwise, if someone wants to sell me one very cheaply, I'd probably be open to that...

Or, if one of the wise heads on this forum can either:
(a) Explain to me perhaps why not to bother or;
(b) Explain to me any work around there might be

I would be most grateful for a positive outcome on this issue although, not critical to operation of the mount overall...

Thanks in advance...