View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 09:34 AM
gregbradley

There are quite a few actually. You won't need the coma corrector on a refractor you need a flattener perhaps. The 8300 chip is not that large so some refractors may not require a flattener and are good up to APS sized sensors (25 x 18 approx, KAF8300 is 18 x 14 approx).

TEC140, TEC110. Perhaps the William Optics similar scope 110mm triplet. Early versions used a TEC lens. Tak TOA, Tak TSA are all likely to be just fine.

An AP130 would be a good match to that camera.

Just about any Tak scope except FSQ106ED which is probably just short of backfocus for the camera, filter wheel and an OAG depending on which OAG and filter wheel. FSQ106ED may work. You have to add the distances and see what the listed backfocus is for the 106ED.

Stellavue have a number of refractors. I am sure some of them would work fine.

I don't know about the chinese triplets but its likely some are fine with that setup.

Its better to express the setup in length in mm rather than the components as adapters, filter wheels, OAG all vary in lengths.

My standard setup for 3 refractors was:

Proline or Microline, FLI CFW, adapter, adapters MMOAG, adapters Tak 4 inch Flattener (an older Tak FS152 flattener) adapters scope focuser.

That worked on TE180 and AP140. On TEC110 I had an adapter made to attach the MMOAG to the TEC flattener but sadly sold the scope before I ever got to use it. I used to use a guidescope which worked well although I always prefer an OAG for guiding as its way more reliable.

Greg.