View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 02:04 PM
xthestreams (Paul)
photon disrupter

First up, thanks for your reply - I've shown it to the missus and now I can at least say "but I've only got ONE tripod now dear" :-)

1. roughly 900mm centre to centre
2. roughly 910mm in my setup, you can raise or lower the centre column according to the manual, I've mine set so that the hinged stabilisers are roughly parallel to the ground.

Pier itself is solid, rumour is that it's Russian designed, from what I can see, by a former tank designer.

Mines inside a Nexdome, happy to send whatever measures and photos you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Hi Paul
I have 2 questions for you regarding the new EQ8-R pro mount -
1/ what is the distance in mm between the extended tripod feet once levelled
2/ What is the height in mm from the tripod base to the ground once levelled before you plonk the mount head on

Reason - I have 2 off EQ6-R Mounts , one at my home in Sydney and one at my weekender south coast. I’m considering putting in a Nexdome Obs at my weekender later in the year and want to make provisions for a larger mount like the EQ8-R pro Initially as a tripod mount and maybe pier mount later on in the future. I will make provisions for concrete footings etc for my EQ6-R ( distance between tripod feet is 970mm ) and hopefully the EQ8- R pro will have a similar distance between the tripod feet

Await your advice

Thanks in advance