View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 10:15 AM
avandonk
avandonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugnsuz View Post
Cheers Bert - lots to take in there. Thanks for taking the time to lay it all out - much appreciated. No doubt I will have many more questions, so thanks for the offer of further input.
Doug
Doug I have tried many methods in my quest for wide field high resolution quality mosaics. It has taken about five years to get to where I am now. I do not claim all knowledge but I am willing to openly share what I have learned by much trial and error and research.

Most of the knowledge I have I gained is from others far smarter and preceding me. If I work out something new it is important to pass it on freely to pay back even a bit for what I gained through the work of others.

I am fortunate as I am retired and can spend a lot of time on what I really want to do. My forty years in working in science really helps as I found out long ago that I know only a tiny amount. It is the open sharing of knowledge with many others that has a cumulative effect far more than the simple sum of the knowledge. It is not about being the best. It is about participation and learning.

Even the longest journey starts with one step.

Bert