Old 05-03-2008, 05:13 PM
你B
Its only a column of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Ah, there's your problem. It's autumn
and its going to be warmer than February

Quote:
Damn, you have a Herald-Bobroff? I've been trying to find one for six months.

Good report - we sure are blessed with great globs on this half of the world.
We sure are Doug, we sure are. We are also blessed with the best examples of every other class of DSO aswell Doesn't it make you feel proud that the famous M42 and the Horsehead are also technically southern objects?

Really wet the appetite to do some serious globular hunting with my 12" light bucket That's in addition to our many fine galaxies and galaxy clusters. There's one disadvantage to living in the southern hemisphere - one life time is not enough

Another thing I've noticed - I aimed the 10 incher at the Homunculus nebula this morning, and was surprised by how much brighter it is in the 12". I also had a look at the trifid just as twilight was beginning - dark lanes clear as daylight

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick View Post
Thanks SAB for your report. Yes, I'm looking forward to M22 coming back into evening skies.
And with it come other goodies such as M5 and M10/M12. Scorpius/Sagitarrius also has a huge concentration of planetary nebulae, open the MSA on scorpius' tail and you'll find upto 5 PNs plotted in 1 square degree.

Last edited by 你B; 05-03-2008 at 05:28 PM.