View Single Post
Old 30-06-2020, 08:10 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
Telstra refused to port my number to mynetfone for a couple of months due to COVID. Eventually it went through.

I would suggest trying another service provider for the NBN. Aussie Broadband are awesome! You don’t have to stay with Telstra.

DT

David,

When we moved here, we tried to bring our provider with us - Westnet. They tried for 2 months to get a port from Telstra, but gave up and apologised. I then had Telstra connect us. Took 1 month before they told us they had no record of our connection request...and then another 3 weeks to finally get connected - on ADSL 1 (they refused to put in ADSL 2 because they told us the NBN would be in 4 months...3 years ago...).

Telstra all but refuses to give anyone else a port out here. Ombudsman failed to achieve anything either. In the end, for the first 9 months we were "double ported" with a data centre down the road...which gave us near zero connectivity when they uploaded at nights. A Telstra tech sorted that one out, and then Telstra gave us 3 months free internet...

There is a Yank expression for all this, involving clusters and fornication.