View Single Post
Old 15-10-2020, 11:09 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Mark,

I've been intrigued by your question here. I've also looked at the other posts that you have made because your question and comments in this thread have me puzzled and I wanted to get a better feel for your experience before offering some help.

Have you looked through a telescope before? I mean this sincerely because your comments come across as being from someone who does not know how to use one or what to expect from a telescope. I am not putting you down. That is something I never want to do. The telescope you have is a very capable instrument, but it can be very confusing with all its mirrors, peculiar apparent tiny round image seen so coming from the eyepiece. It all points to a total novice who has jumped straight into the deep end! Now we need to learn to swim

Before going any further, have you managed to get a nice, clear and sharp image from the scope? Have you managed to figure out how to focus it?

Nothing more. We really need to start from here. Like I said, I am not putting you down. I just need to know your level of experience.

Don't worry about strange words like "collimation". For now it means bugger all and has absolutely no impact on getting you going with the scope. This word only serves to confuse and create false impressions that only complicate things for a novice right now. This is obvious to me by your comment related to it. Forget about it for now. Let's get the scope working for you first.

Alex.