View Single Post
Old 28-01-2017, 08:42 AM
jwoody (Jeremy)

Thanks Diego and Bill
I have tried older drivers Diego but no change unfortunately.

I use APT most of the time Bill which does remember the settings so it wasn't that either but I know what you mean about Ezcap doing this. Flash upgrading the firmware couldn't hurt though.

I am narrowing down the probable cause of all this (I hope!). I seem to have hundreds of hot pixels even after just a 300 sec sub. The TEC is working as confirmed by all the lights being lit on the DC201 and the software (APT,EZCAP) telling me it is sitting at -15c.
I have a new 9 pin cable and dc201 coming (Theo from Gama - top service) just to see if that solves it. If not it will be back to China after their New year.

I originally thought it was to all to do with power. My connection sequence is
USB - 9 pin - 12volt
I am sure (well pretty sure but memory isn't that great) that when I used to connect this way that when the 9 pin went in that all the power lights on the DC201 would come on (apart from TEC obviously). Then when the problem started the -15v did not come on until I then plugged in the 12v plug.
If I go
9 pin - 12volt - USB then the -15v does light up. Maybe this is all happening as it should and it is just my memory playing tricks on me.

It is all a little odd (to me anyway) that all was fine for months then suddenly Gain/Offset needed to be changed which coincided when my troubles started. Something is off and it is bugging me. Sure the hot pixels can be sorted out with Dark frames but that isn't the point.

Thanks again for reading and your help Bill and Diego
Cheers
Jeremy