View Single Post
Old 14-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Stefan Buda

Quote:
Originally Posted by croweater View Post
Hi Stefan, very disappointing that WO aren't interested in helping out with such a problem. I'm sure a lot of people will take note of this to WO detriment. Hope you can help our member out. Cheers Richard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamL View Post
Poor customer support and even poorer QC says a lot.
It may have something to do with the fact that he bought the scope second hand.

Anyway, I made the fixture for the tube and I was amazed when I gave it a spin. I wish I could upload a video here. The focuser end of the tube had a runout of over 10mm. That explains not only the elongated stars but also the non symmetrical vignetting.
Next I manipulated the fixture until the tube was running true and used my diamond wheel attachment to cut it off, nice and square, with minimal length loss.
Then I re-clocked the ring with the fixture and turned out the remains of the CF tube. That is when I discovered where they went wrong: The 10mm deep cut that was machined in the ring, for accommodating the CF tube, for some reason it was a bit tapered and the tube would have got jammed before bottoming out, during the bonding procedure.

Next I will make a black anodised adapter that will join the ring with the tube and make up for the lost 4mm of length.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (WO-FLT98-1.JPG)
199.8 KB94 views
Click for full-size image (WO-FLT98-2.JPG)
138.7 KB89 views
Click for full-size image (WO-FLT98-3.JPG)
132.3 KB82 views
Click for full-size image (WO-FLT98-4.JPG)
107.9 KB91 views