View Single Post
Old 17-06-2020, 05:25 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozstronomer View Post
Great shot Peter, nice star colours and plenty of detail

Geoff
Cheers Geoff. It has been a while since I've devoted any time to PI. I purchased Rogelio's book and have been slowly working through that. I was wondering if the colours looked ok on the Astrobin image as I've had to change to new calibration software with the new PC. When I open the image on my laptop the colours look a bit funky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecasterguru View Post
Nice and sharp.
Thanks Frank. I did try a bit of decon on this version. Hopefully the worms were kept at bay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
astrofest - seems so long ago. nice reminder of it
Guess it won't be on this year? I've got 3 weeks leave in August so might be doing some NB from home instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Astrofest, the star party that keeps on giving Some lovely colouring in this one Peter, both the stars and neb

Mike
Thanks for the feedback Mike. I though it was looking quite good until I saw Peter's version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Good stuff Peter. You'll be able to assemble giant mosaics and warm your place in winter at the same time with your new monster processing rig.
Thanks Marc. I've been looking at the CPU temperature during processing - with 24 threads maxed out it gets to 72 degC with the stock cooler. I've got a Noctua cooler on order that I think will drop CPU temps by about 5 degC based on some google research. Pretty amazing how much power is going to heat in a PC.

Also going to try a second parallel m.2 swap drive as this MOBO can take 2 with both running 4 PCIe lanes. Might not make much difference to swap performance but those drives are getting cheaper and I've invested a bit in the rest of the PC so I'm interested to see what can be done. It sure makes trying different approaches with PI more appealing as I'm no longer waiting ages for processes to finish.