View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

thanks very much Trevor.

I had assumed that the 72% NTSC spec meant that it does full sRGB but not anything broader (NTSC etc). Since I only intend to post on the internet, where sRGB is the standard, would a wider gamut help? According to EIZO, it might be a hindrance, but I have no way of checking. I am wondering if the reason why some are seeing blue background noise, when I see little, might be because they are using the native gamut of their high quality broad-gamut monitors to display a limited gamut sRGB image. does that make sense?

from EIZO: "For purposes requiring accurate color generation, an LCD color monitor lacking any color-gamut conversion function but having a wide color gamut can actually be a disadvantage in some cases. These LCD monitors display each RGB color mapped to the color gamut inherent to the LCD panel in eight bits at full color. As a result, the colors generated are often too vivid for displaying images in the sRGB color gamut (i.e., the sRGB color gamut cannot be reproduced accurately)".

Last edited by Shiraz; 02-12-2015 at 09:06 PM.