View Single Post
Old 13-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairsam View Post
Hi Bart,

have you entered your guide scope's focal length in Maxim, site settings?
if using an OAG, it'll be the same as the main scope so you'll need to update that when on the OAG and change it when using the guide scope.

Yep, that is done.

Have you also calibrated your main scope? that's primarily to determine the image scale, does it show the correct scale?
apart from that, if you calibrate and it has moved sufficiently in x and y, then you shouldn't have issues.

I guess you mean calibrate it under the guide tab? If so, that is done. Or do you mean under the telescope tab in the observatory applet?

if it is drifting in dec, have you checked your polar alignment?
guiding will correct to a certain extent, but if the PA is poor, then it will drift off pretty quick.

I realise that my polar alignment could be better although I am pretty happy with it over ten minutes using StarTarg.

as for the venetian blinds, its one of those settings. I had to play with a few of them till i got it right. i'll take a screen shot later on.
also turn off "display progress" during download. that creates a horizontal line.

A screen shot would be great and I have the venetian blind option checked I think and all other settings off.

what scope are you using and are you using pulse guiding or st4?
I use an OAG with a lodestar and maxim and find that I have to sometimes switch to ST4. other times I use pulse guiding. both work very well though.

I am using a TSA120 with a QHY9M through a SXUSB filter wheel and a SXOAG with a Lodestar on an EQ6 Pro with belt mod. I have never had good luck with pulse guiding and have always used a GPUSB and ST4 with good results. Should I try the on camera guide port?

Cheers
Alistair
Answers above, thanks Alistair.