View Single Post
Old 29-06-2011, 07:15 PM
bert (Brett)
Automation nut

Hi Paul,

I use a 2 inch pyxis. Precise parts will make adapters to suit any anything, as long as you have the backfocus.

The 2 inch pyxis is LOUD and sounds like it is broken, it isnt, thats just the noise they make.

Rotators without automation are confusing to control, that said of late optec have updated their gui to be more intuitive. I used my pyxis to pick guide stars with the fov indicator in the sky and ccdautopilot4 to control the whole rig, I got frustrated with version 4 and the pyxis, I did not work too well for my system.

CCdautopilot 5 has since been released and has excellent support for rotators, and it can flip the rotator after a meridian flip and is great for framing and guide star selection. One feature I love about ccdap is the ability to use the Feild of view indicator in the sky and directly import it into ccdap5 and it will slew, rotate and plate solve to exactly where you selected. Brilliant.

My rotator use has until now, has only been for bright guide star aquasition for adaptive optics to get the highest correction rate possible. I use a square chip camera, so framing for me is a no brainer.

Brett