View Single Post
Old 21-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Gavin1234

Yeah I don’t really put any thought into making them smaller until I want to upload one to here. I’ll try shrink the stack, but the problem is sorted now anyway.

I know it looks like a debayering issue so I went through that and triple checked everything. My camera is RGGB and I always change to that from defaults.

I think you might be right about the normalisation. I use scale offset for my lights and equalise fluxes on flats. Although it was about 3am and my 50th odd attempt I’m fairly certain it was my usual settings. So I think it was the handful of frames I took out. I would bet it was some very high, very thin cloud that was messing things up. The frames I culled were slightly lighter than the rest.

I have about 30-40 hours of helix subs which I can’t process properly because I get similar issues when I add flats in, not the same banding but heaps of extra noise and blotching etc. I’m going to try that again just using only my darkest subs and then gradually add new batches in until I identify the bad ones.

Once again thanks for all the help guys. I would have thrown the towel in a few times by now if it wasn’t for this group.