View Single Post
Old 19-03-2024, 09:52 PM
Satchmo

Renato my advice is don't go the different distance focus on each eye , it will encourage monocular vision . Remeber if you get a distance setting for each eye you will only be using optimally one eye for each task ! A friend of mine had reading on left eye and they made it too weak and he has to wear a contact lens for normal daytime . If you already use glasses for distance you will need to get both eyes done as you can't wear glasses for one eye .

I'd recommend just get distance both eyes and use readers for computer etc . That way there is no discretion about how much your corrective difference they'll give you because vision is such a personal thing .

I had my right eye done four months ago and now my left in two days .
My surgeon tried to push blue blocking lenses as older people have yellow lenses anyway - but this gives you a very skewed colour balance . I insisted on clear lenses ( Zeiss ) and the world look much more colorful and stunning now - I have much better blue and violet response . Bright stars look twice as bright as my left now ( and I have no cataract in the left eye ) .

I have some astronomy glasses made up with 0.5 dioptre astigmatism which was residual after healing from surgery ,and 0.5 dioptre to correct the usual night myopia most people have .

Contrast in the Milky Way is stunning- even the brightest stars are needle points and I can see 6 to 7 stars in the Pleiades and most large star clusters show stars flickering in and out . I actually cried when I saw a dark sky with my new eye for the first time - it was that overwhelming after dealing with the deterioration in my right eye over 18 months . Remided me of the views I had of the sky when I first became interested in Astronomy 50 years ago.

Hope this helps .

Last edited by Satchmo; 20-03-2024 at 09:08 AM.