View Single Post
Old 18-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Harlequin

Davidpretorius,

I will be buying within the next few months. I am interested in the specifications of the 16" truss Dob compared to other models. Especially since I have had a chance to practice with my friends homemade Dob.

I am keen to explore Orion since viewed many images from NASA and the recent photo from Alexander. I wish I could print huge posters of these amazing images for my house.

Brian,

I have reviewed information from an active and well organised astro club located in north Brisbane. After reading their response about astrocamps and meetings, I referred to my Brisbane map and am not confident with navigating through Brisbane CBD from the Gold Coast. I have spoken to friends and family about any existing Gold Coast astro clubs without success.

I have rediscovered large foldout star charts from several magazines published by Australian Geographic called Newton. I have borrowed my friend's binoculars and have created nightly tests to locate well known objects in the sky in order to become more familiar with the well known DSO's.

Ballaratdragons,

Thank you for referring me to this wonderful program. I can not believe this is available for free with all the features and information included. This program has been added to my permanent "bag'o'tricks".

Thanks for the advice.

Best regards,

Harlequin

Last edited by Harlequin; 19-12-2005 at 01:07 AM.