View Single Post
Old 30-09-2011, 02:28 PM
avandonk
avandonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometGuy View Post
That is an impressive system Bert, can't wait to see first light!

There doesn't appear to many (any?) alternatives for f3 system that can cover a 16803 chip. The closest I can find is the ASA f3 "H" Series, but I'm not sure if they are even in production yet. See this:

http://www.astro-pics.com/31hm.htm (to me the stars at the corners look very average)

Oh and I guess Bert won't want spikes on his stars, especially if he is lining up frames in mosaics.

Terry
When Mike Sidonio put me on to this astrograph it was the lack of diffraction spikes that really got my attention. Yes for mosaics diffraction spikes at different angles are very disturbing.

I blame all of this on Mike as he was the catalyst. All I originally wanted to do was put an FLI OSC on the Canon 300mm. This was impractical as the lens needs a Canon camera tethered to the electronics in the lens and there was not enough back focus distance.

The whole project has grown to something that is now potentially so good I cannot find reverse gear. I am now totally committed.

I thank all of you for your interest and advice or comments. This would be a very daunting leap to take without the feedback we have now on line. We all used to be quiet observers in our own backyards.

Bert