View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 11:11 AM
orestis

Gamma Leonis Sketch + Notes 8/5/10

Hi everybody,

It was clear,so i set up the scope and started observing.During the session it got quite cold.

Gamma leonis-At a 138x i could tell that it was a double and then i popped in the 2x barlow and they were seperated a bit more.So at 277x i could clearly see that it was a double star system.they both appeared to me to be of yellow/brown colour but the east star was a tiny bit fainter than the west star.I could see Diffraction rings but did not note this in the sketch,i feel that if i did add them it would of gave a more realistic view but i had not the skill to do so.All observations made with a 130mm x900mm reflector.good seeing conditions.

Here are some notes from the 5/5/10 in similar conditions.

M53-Using the 25mm ep (36x).I was able to easliy spot the glob.it is a quite bright globular but unlike any other glob i have seen this one was very compressed towards the middle.i could sort of resolve some of the outlying members of the cluster.it was beautiful glob.

M64-Once found it was reasonably bright and had an almost stellar core.For moments of stillness i think i may have spotted the dark lane as a small black cut at the bottom of the galaxy sorry i didn't note were west was in my notes,so don't know directions.i'll have to come back to this galaxy and do a sketch it was a pretty cool galaxy.

Clear skies
Orestis
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (gamma leonis.jpg)
47.9 KB26 views