View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 09:37 AM
HarryD (Greg)

Hi Ray

I have 2 monitors side by side. A Samsung and an Eizo.

I use the Eizo as the main monitor. It is calibrated once a month using a Spyder. The images are always on this screen.The Samsung is used as a place to put all the Photoshop tools etc. It is not calibrated.

Switching any image between the 2 monitors shows what a difference a reasonable, it's not the most expensive Eizo by any means, calibrated monitor makes to image viewing.

I originally put together this system for landscape photos. I wanted to be able to print, on my Epson A3 printer, what I can see on screen. After much adjustment, dis-guarded prints and much new learning I can print what I see.

There is no way of knowing what DSOs really look like so I guess we just please ourselves re colour. Having said that even a monochrome Ha image looks way better on the Eizo compared to the Samsung.

I think most people, my friends included, will buy a monitor as a package with their PC or rely on their iPad, phone or laptop. Talking about monitor calibration to most people is like mentioning quantum mechanics. It's a bit hard to get the message across.

If I like what I produce and my wife and adult kids are impressed, that's all that matters to me.

Complements of the Season to you all.

Greg