View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 06:21 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well been cleaning and sorting stuff out..the mattress must be new just unwrapped so I will use it mainly getting a new one means having it delivered..anyways bought a thick pure wool cover thing and I think it will be fine. The pillows were new still as they came from the shop. Stove looks ok after a clean up as does the fridge but I will use one of those $20 camper ones...which is all I use in Sydney..and I have a better fridge so the van fridge can just be like a pantry. Finished the fire pit today..a ring of rocks is all but really adds to the site...leveled the dirt floor in the annex and will cover it with something so it will provide a useful area, and ..... have almost cut all the frame timber for the new observatory ... it is like the cube only double to take the heq5 and the eq6 and will have a roll of roof (at this stage) 8 x4 ..actually 8x8 to provide a frame for a roll off roof to run on.. the enclosed area will only be 8x4feet approx or 2.4 x 1.2 mtrs☺ allow a little extra for an overhang on the roof... I am using 2x4 inch hardwood for the frame cause its in a pile ( left by previous owner) and free but man is it hard..been using a hand saw but tomorrow going to bring in the genny and a big circular saw ..should have it all cut in an hour ..I will be drilling and bolting or drilling and nailing..nail gun wont cut it...but hopefully will get most of it done before I return to Sydney.Not sure about cladding but its a toss up between iron and fibrous cement but I have a large supply of thin ply for internal walls so I will be able to use pink bats to insulate...found a place which only requires me to cut down three trees to get CSP so I can manage that without getting anyone in...
Bought a camper toilet and containers for water and a good bucket to draw water from the dam.
So I have been busy but its taking longer than I expected...Still have to get materials for the matching mounts...pvc pipe star pickets for strength and filled with cement...they wont go to bedrock but I will franky pile each of them so I doubt they will move..anyways I have polemaster☺
Hopefully I keep moving forward and its up and working within a month...maybe two☺.
Alex