View Single Post
Old 28-09-2020, 09:02 AM
DavidTrap (David)
Really just a beginner

NINA and Voyager are very similar in terms of capabilities. I’m torn between the two. Voyager worked very well first time out, but am haven’t really give. NINA a proper tryout.

Voyager seems to have the slight edge if setting up a night long run with multiple objects, but sequencer 2.0 in NINA sounds like it might be adding most of those capabilities. I don’t have an observatory with a motorised roof, so that’s not of great concern to me at this time.

Have you any experience with Nina and meridian flips? Voyager did this hands off the first time.

Voyager does auto focusing like Focusmax, but I think Nina does a v curve analysis each time? Any comments on that?

Do I buy a licence for Voyager, or give NINA another chance.

DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
Got NINA working last night. It took a little bit to get all my gear set up properly however it is now talking to everything.

Guiding, platesolving and autofocus worked flawlessly. I really like a number of aspects of the interface including the ability to lay it out and resize all frames. The sky atlas and framing features are neat and the sequencer is feature rich. New features are also being added regularly so I think this will be my app of choice going forward.