View Single Post
Old 14-04-2018, 07:25 PM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
There you go Rom lots of great responses...hope that's what you were looking for.

Do you need any further equipment for her that we maybe able to help with? I have a few bits n pieces gathering dust.
Thanks everyone for the links. I expect I'll get a tidal wave of questions over the next few weeks from her. I am amazed at how quickly this Padawan is catching on and I reckon she will go places. Her dad is also quite an inspiration by all accounts and has always tried to treat her like an intelligent being. Here's hoping.

As far as gear is concerned, my next step is to hunt down a usable equatorial mount. She's using a Dob at the moment and I've just supplied her with a decent ALT-Az tripod along with a modded DSLR supplied by another ICEer. Kid nearly fell off her rocker when that arrived last week I can tell you, and I got test images of Crux and Orion within 24 hours.... Not bad! I'm working on a ED refractor for her to use atm but the mount is proving elusive. Anyone who can point me in that direction would be a godsend!

I am hoping my observatory will come online later in the year and she can then log in directly and use the scope for some "research" she wants to do, but I also want her doing the hands on stuff from her home, which is about 200km from me. Hands on wins hands down at her age.

Interesting times, that's for sure.

Rom