View Single Post
Old 23-03-2010, 05:06 PM
mldee (Mike)
Photon sorter

QHY8 software compatability

I just finished successfully installing the drivers for my QHY8 to my inside desktop PC as well as my obs laptop, after the standard day-long fight with the various "versions" and sources of software reputedly meant for this fine little machine. In my humble opinion though, the installation information and instructions vary from bad to woeful to totally unprofessional, from all web sources, here and OS. I got to a first-name basis with all the drivers during the rites of initiation....

Anywayyyyy..... after finally downloading the latest driver from QHYCCD site after being redirected there from the astroshop site, (QHY8Drv64) and installing the unzipped QHY8drv.exe, all went well. After connecting the camera USB port (no, not the others, because the power supply was strapped to my pier in the obs), the computer recognised the camera and led me through installing the qhy8 base and qhy IO drivers from the c:\programs\qhyccd folder I had just installed to on the computer.

After that, I had an 'astro imaging device' in my control panel hardware readout (QHY8 IO) and when I ran Astrosoft's InstallTool.exe, it showed one installed QHY8.

I then installed their EZCAP19x64.zip to a folder and ran the EZCAP v1.9 program. Recognised the camera. but of course wouldn't run video until I put the other power connection to the camera, using the obs laptop. Did that and all OK. Saw photons!

Neoowwww...The question: I can not get anything else (capture programs) to run on this or the older versions of QHY8 software that abound. Yep, did all the instructions, or as many of the conflicting ones that I could work out

My neb v2.6 or any other programs (capccd, astrowin, etc) don't recognise the camera on either computer. Just cannot see it, even though "the computer says yes!" (in the control panel). Neb is working just fine with my DSI though.

Any suggestions and recommendations gratefully accepted. BTW, both CPU's are Intel Core Duo's.

Last edited by mldee; 23-03-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Grammar