View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 10:47 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davep314 View Post
Ken is correct...pulse guiding is what I’m trying to set up and avoid connecting the guide camera (a ZWO) directly to the mount. I am aware of the EQ Mod cable approach but would like to know if this adaptor is a reliable alternative.

I spoke to the people at Bintel and they assured me it would work but I’d rather hear from someone who has had first hand experience (no offence to the Bintel staff!).

Cheers
Dave
I'm only just heading down the EQMod path (& as yet, haven't really got any experience), however I know a lot of the imagers (in the beginners imaging where I lurk..) use & swear by EQMod so... I'm guessing it must be pretty good.

Maybe post a thread in the beginners imaging section about it too?

As for 'being tied to a laptop', there are alternatives such as Asiair, Stellarmate & a few other lesser known options that essentially use a Rasberry Pi single board computer & Indi based software. The Rpi generates it's own wifi hotspot & you can use apps to control everything from a phone or laptop. Asiair is ZWO's product & in my humble opinion is overpriced. I've just stumped for Stellarmate but, I bought the RPi locally & just paid for the software...

Don't ask me how it's going yet, I'm still getting my head around the connections let alone the App/software interfaces... bottom line, you don't have to be tethered to a laptop to use EQMod.