View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 03:03 AM
Ant0nio (Tony)
Quid Clarius Astris

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
The Skyrover f/5 and the Sharpstar 61edph and WO Redcat 51 all seem like decent imaging scopes. Perhaps choose based on focal length? The Redcat gets you more differentiation from your current scope.
It certainly does Tony, it has the widest FOV by a good margin. It was on the short list with the other two but I was a bit worried oversampling might be an issue with the KAF8300 chip in my cam.
I'm not sure how big of a problem this is but the FLT98@F5 is already pushing the boundary apparently according to the "Nyquist theorum".

The image of M31 I posted recently was done using my Z70 & .8 FR giving it a focal length of 344mm which is almost identical to the Sky Rover specs.
& to be honest I'd be happy enough with that image scale/Fov with a better corrected Fov & colour. The smaller stars were looking a bit 'blocky" in that image even though it was binned @50%.

I guess that's why I'm leaning towards the Sky Rover, it's not too far removed from what I know is doable with my camera but I can't find much in the way of reviews.
I believe it's a newer improved version of the model that was farmed out to Meade & William Optics as the 70mm Quad Astrograph & Star 71 V2 variant.
Your input has been valuable though Tony, I'm sorry for the long winded reply but it was helpful to get this reasoning out of my head & on to paper as such.
I'm going a bit trying to make a decision on this.
Cheers,
Tony