View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 05:58 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Looks great Ian, though the castors wouldn't work too well on my grass, i'd have to get bigger chunkier (maybe air-filled) tyres, and those are like $50 each at bunnings, so for now I just use my trolley for transporting long distances (or in/out of storage) or up/down stairs, or I do the crab shuffle for short distances..

The handles look good for short distances, I might have to invest in a pair, though I'm a bit worried about the particle-board base and would have to keep an eye on it to make sure the handles don't rip right through the base and send the OTA crashing to the ground!

I can't make out the OTA knob very clearly.. can you take a close-up picture? Did you drill a hole into the OTA to mount the knob?

The telrad looks good on there too.. how do you find it? Do you use it much/prefer it over the normal finder?

Starkler, how do you find the RACI finder?

When doing some observing the other night using my observing chair, I found it annoying to have to get up to look through the finder.. An RACI finder would've been handy at that time, and i'm still tossing up whether I should invest in a telrad..