View Single Post
Old 28-06-2009, 09:18 PM
leon

Andrew, the bearings have a small lip on them and the actual bearings are about 2 mm less in diameter than the outside diameter of the whole bearing which includes this small lip.

I inserted these bearing into a housing (two small sections of steel pipe) which was a snug fit for the inside diameter of the bearings, about 25mm.

These housings were slipped over a solid small length of steel rod which was attached to the main arm, exactly the same diameter as the inside of the bearings.

This rod was drilled through the center and tapped with a quarter inch thread, and a short 1/4 inch bold was screwed in to push up to the bearing, which in turn would fit snug and firm againt the main arm.

Both housing are the same, but the bottom one is attached as well to two round bits of steel plate and then drilled and tapped from the bottom up with a 3/8 thread which will screw to the existing tripod screw once the head has been removed.

Hope this helps a bit, maybe I should take it a part and photograph the procedure showing the construction, if I do I will post it here in a day or two.

Leon

Last edited by leon; 29-06-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: added info