View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 05:06 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Scope Case.......

A ' BIG ' thanks to ' Bob the Builder ' for sending me this Heavy Duty Scope Case.
My TV SDF 101mm Scope sits perfectly in without any alterations at all.

When I close the case, the 2 upper inserts hold down the Scope in place to prevent any movement.

The lower compartment will be lined with a foam of sorts for padding to house the accessories.... I have ideas of dividing this compartment into several sections, so everything is not just ' floating ' around.

The ' original TV Case ' was a bit of a disaster inside, although useable.... I salvaged the TV Logo from it and placed it on the new Case.

Very pleased with my purchase.

The objective lens of the 101 is of an SD air spaced doublet design where two lenses (crown and flint) are matched to work as one; the positive element is of a fluorocrown substitute with special dispersion glass. In fact this design allows excellent color correction without annoying purple fringes (secondary color) common to less sophisticated achromatic refractors, and better than a number of older triplet and modern doublet apochromat designs. A fluorite doublet telecompressor/field flattener lens group provides flat field, wide angle capability. Spherical correction is very good also with the air gap objective contributing to this correction. Images of the stars and the planets are presented in their natural colors, daytime objects viewed at commonly used magnifications will appear quite three dimensional and sharp and contrasting.

Col.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.jpg)
201.0 KB178 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
206.3 KB195 views
Click for full-size image (3.jpg)
110.5 KB144 views

Last edited by FlashDrive; 05-08-2015 at 08:00 PM.